Now that we’ve said goodbye to 2014, we wanted to take a moment to thank you for helping us make the past year a great one. More than 100,000 companies are now using Dropbox for Business to help their teams work better together—and with the help of your invaluable feedback, we’ve launched a ton of new capabilities over the past year.
A lot of our updates centered on helping teams be more productive. We made working in Dropbox even easier with features like full-text search and the Dropbox badge, and we added support for four new languages. We partnered with Microsoft to introduce seamless editing of Office docs on mobile, and integrated with Salesforce so teams could easily access their Dropbox files within Salesforce records.
We also focused on helping teams feel more confident about the security of their data. Earlier this year we launched the new Dropbox for Business to help teams keep work and personal data separate, and we’ve since added ISO 27001 certification and new SOC 1, 2, and 3 reports. We also rolled out passwords and expirations for shared links and view-only permissions for shared folders, bringing teams even more control and visibility over their company information.
Finally, we added new ways for admins to manage their teams. We built a powerful ecosystem around Dropbox for Business with the new API and integrations from 20 industry leaders in IT, security, and compliance. We also launched a new admin dashboard to centralize insights and common admin actions, and introduced a way for admins to customize their team’s default language.
But we’re just getting started. In the spirit of New Year’s Resolutions, we asked the Dropbox for Business team about their resolutions for 2015—and there are big plans in store.
In 2015, we vow to:
- Make it even easier for teams to work together, starting with the full launch of our new native collaboration features and the extension our Microsoft partnership to the web (with lots more to follow!)
- Help teams and departments share more quickly and efficiently with the full launch of Dropbox for Business groups
- Continue innovating on compliance and security to ensure Dropbox for Business is always one of the most secure ways for businesses around the world to get work done
- Bring more great partners into the Dropbox for Business API program
- Add even more support for our customers around the globe—with new languages, offices, and country-specific offerings
And that’s just a peek of what’s up our sleeve—we have many more exciting things planned, so stay tuned!
We can’t wait to see what you achieve with Dropbox for Business in 2015, and we look forward to being your partner in productivity along the way. And from our team to yours, thank you for helping us make 2014 one for the books.
The Dropbox for Business team