It’s been a while (3 years, in fact!) since we last took a look at our mobile web interface — but better late than never! Today, we’re upgrading the mobile website experience for a bunch of devices, including iPhone, Android (2.1+), and Windows Phone 7 , so you can always have your Dropbox on the go. Our intern Cathy has single-handedly revamped the look and feel, added your favorite features from the Dropbox website, and tested thoroughly for a smooth experience. You’re awesome, Cathy! You can visit the new mobile web interface at http://www.dropbox.com/m
LOOK AND FEEL
For starters, we’ve made the mobile web interface closely resemble what you might find natively on iPhone and Android. This includes borrowing the quickactions behavior from an upcoming update to our Android app (coming soon!), more screen space reserved for your files, and a home screen that lets you hop around the app quickly. Much of what you see here was due to jquerymobile’s style sheet.
- Search: Finally, you can search your Dropbox for that e-book that was such a pain to browse to!
- File quick actions: Whether you are browsing or searching for files, now in addition to downloading a file, there is also a quick action menu dropdown that gives you access to additional things you can do to your files. For now, that means sharing and deleting.
- Share: We’ll generate a link that helps you quickly share a file or folder with your friends. Simply copy a link to your device clipboard or email the link on.
- Delete: Got a few minutes to spare? Try out our new delete functionality and clean up your Dropbox.
- Account settings: For easy access to your basic account settings, go to the new account settings tab.
- Internationalization: We now offer our mobile site in 5 different languages: English, Spanish, French, German, and Japanese!
In the future, we’ll be adding support for more devices, easier ways to share, referrals, and more actions for your files and folders. Stay tuned! Another round of applause for Cathy’s hard work this summer🙂
As always, if you’d like to apply for an internship or job at Dropbox, check out our jobs page: http://www.dropbox.com/jobs
Some eye candy: