Below is the full text of the infographic image available at https://blogs.dropbox.com/dropbox/2016/03/500-million/.
500 million users is the start of something big.
We wouldn’t be here without you.
[Illustration of Dropbox users celebrating, with confetti in the background]
We’ve scaled to meet your needs…
[Graph showing user growth at the following milestones: Dropbox launch (2008), Dropbox Pro launch (2012), Dropbox Business launch (2013), Dropbox Enterprise launch (2015), and 500 million users (2016)]
…and the result is the best Dropbox ever.
- [Illustration of stopwatch] 5x faster sync on average*
- [Illustration of laptop with Dropbox logo] 90+ product updates in the last year
- [Illustration of user icons around a cube] 500 billion calls to the Dropbox API per year
You’ve helped us create a network with billions of connections…
[Illustration of user and link icons connected by lines]
- 3.3 billion connections have been made by people sharing
- 50% growth in connections in the past year
- [Illustration of two people holding a large document] 44% of new users come through another user
…and introduced us to the most innovative companies.
[IDEO, Hard Rock, Expedia, Pinterest, The Absolut Company, Hyatt, Under Armour, Intuit, News Corp, and Arizona State University logos]
- [Illustration of an office building] Used in 8 million businesses
- [Illustration of person stepping out of a large wallet] 150,000 paying businesses
- [Illustration of a briefcase with a line graph on its face] 25,000 businesses added per quarter
Over five years, Dropbox Business delivers a 9x return in productivity and collaboration benefits.**
No matter where you are in the world…
[Illustration of people drawing the outline of a world map]
75% of our users are outside the US
Of the last 100 million, the most came from:
…we’re right there with you.
[Each of the following cities is represented by an illustration of a local landmark]
- San Francisco
- New York
- Washington, DC
You’re our inspiration.
We can’t wait to share what’s next with you.
- Tweet from Mike Perham (@mperham): “I love Dropbox: great example of a company making easy what should be ‘easy’ but isn’t.”
- Tweet from Stephane Prud’homme (@stepru): “I love you @Dropbox”
- Tweet from Ryan Price (@ryan_price): “.@Dropbox just saved my butt again! #thankgoodness”
- Tweet from sarah (@sarah_ross): “I love @dropbox – that is all.”
- Tweet from Max Beatty (@maxbeatty): “Restoring a previous version of a file on Dropbox just saved my marriage”
* Principled Technologies sync performance reports commissioned by Dropbox. Results are for Dropbox Business and are normalized across 11 different tests each conducted in San Francisco, Dublin, and Tokyo against Box Personal, Google Drive, and Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
** IDC White Paper sponsored by Dropbox, “The Business Value of Dropbox Business in Supporting Collaboration,” Jan. 2016. Benefits based on average annual values of business and IT staff productivity per 100 Dropbox Business users over five years.