Protecting company data can be an intimidating task. With hackers constantly inventing new schemes, and every colleague a potential target, it’s no wonder that cybersecurity hiring has ramped up over the last several years. The reality, however, is that most successful attacks aren’t technically sophisticated—instead, they exploit common human errors. With this in mind, we compiled a list of simple security tips that anyone can understand and put into practice.
Organic collaboration is one of the things that inspires me the most. However, most of my collaborations occur online. They run through long threads of emails, texts, bulk file sharing—and the occasional selfie. I’ve been making music for about 10 years now, and over the last couple of years, I’ve taken up photography. I’m extremely passionate about both.
Ever wonder why working as a team takes you farther than flying solo? At this year’s South by Southwest Conference & Festivals, we’ll be asking influencers how they work as bands, podcasters, comedy teams, and more. We want to learn how they get into the creative zone, take inspiration from others, and combine their talents to create something they couldn’t on their own.
More than a doc, Dropbox Paper is a flexible workspace that brings people and ideas together. While it’s a snap to get started, power users can get even more out of Paper using a few extra tools. Here are 10 hidden features we built for people who want to go beyond the basics.
We designed Dropbox Pro to give you more of the Dropbox you love. With 1 TB of storage, Pro lets you access and share all of your important files, big and small. Today, we’re giving Pro a new name to better reflect all the extra space it offers: Dropbox Plus. Don’t worry—the name is the only change we’re making. You’ll still get the same space and advanced features at the same price.
You might put in eight hours a day at the office, but how much of that time is really spent on productive work? According to a McKinsey Global Institute study, only 39% of an employee’s time is spent on role-specific tasks. The other 61%? Slogging through email, trying to find a missing file, or syncing with co-workers. How do you save what time you can, and make sure the remaining moments count?